[AMRadio] Re: GB> AM vs SSB???

RBethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Apr 6 23:37:03 EDT 2007

Apparently you DIDN'T read Grant's post.  That is WHERE the KWS-1 was
spoken about.

Try: <http://www.collinsradio.org/html/kws-1.html>

As to SSB, the KWS-1 IS fine.  As to AM - It transmits a carrier and
ONLY one SIDEBAND.  Thereby being POOR for DSB with carrier since it
ONLY O-N-E sideband with CARRIER.

Therefore my comment that IT has ISSUES!

I have owned an S-Line station with 312B-4.  Precisely a 32S-3A, 75S-3A,
and a 516F-2 power supply in the external speaker  As to which amplifier
used is UNIMPORTANT.  Albeit I do prefer the 30S-1.

SSB is fine for narrow bandwidth comms.  It's one reason that Uncle Sam
went to it.

For pure audio quality, I much prefer my BC-610 or T-213 with either my
SP-600 and/or the R-390A.