[AMRadio] Re: GB> AM vs SSB???

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Fri Apr 6 23:51:40 EDT 2007

RBethman comments:

<<As to SSB, the KWS-1 IS fine.  As to AM - It transmits a carrier and ONLY
one SIDEBAND.  Thereby being POOR for DSB with carrier since it
ONLY O-N-E sideband with CARRIER.>>

This is the same way the video portion of a TV signal has been transmitted
for over 50 years! What is wrong with SSB-AM? Vestigial SB?

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Near Seattle, Wa

"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"