[AMRadio] 3.870

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Apr 8 09:25:40 EDT 2007

The FCC is caught in the middle on things like this and the
response will be to investigate both sides.  Mr.
Hollinsworth will look for the preponderance of evidence
before he communicates with anyone.

I would suggest that those of us in 5 land show up on 3.870
at about 4 PM CDT and have the recorder going.  There is
absolutely no reason for people to behave as those idiots
were doing last night.  I would also refrain from being
combative but do be firm in your positions.  Entice them
into stating their call sign and, if possible, what
equipment they are using.  This group reminds me of the one
that is on 3.878 and those on 3.892.  They are there with
high power for only one reason, to cause interference to the
AM groups that meet there.  If we can catch them with their
pants down, it would be a service to all hamdom.

Unfortunately I am going to be out of town for an extended
period so will not be able to join you until I return.
3.870 is a perfect frequency for those who meet on 3.890 in
the afternoon to utilize until about 7 PM if possible.  One
thing for sure is you will never convince the offenders they
are doing anything wrong, but we should try.  If you get
their calls, try emailing them a nice sounding note telling
them how they are wrong for the first attempt and keep a
copy for your records..

Jim
W5JO