[AMRadio] Re: AM ?? Vince

Daniel J Wright dwright12 at neb.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 11:38:05 EDT 2007

Vince Werber wrote:
> On the Ampeg... My friend Steve had two of those heads and the matching six
> foot speaker cabinets...  I'm glad you know about them because I have been
> call a nut for even mentioning them...  no one remembers them...  If you have
> ever been beside two of them ripping... you know all too well they are
> real...

They were Ampeg SVTs...I think they had something like six or eight
6146s in there.
They had two cabinets with eight 10" speakers in EACH cabinet! I think
about 350 watts
of true RMS power. The things just killed.....they were primarily made for
bass guitar. Our bassist had one. That was a long time ago..... =-O

73 de Dan -- WA0JRD ..