[AMRadio] Re: AM ?? Vince

Vince Werber ka1iic at prexar.com
Sun Apr 8 08:56:59 EDT 2007

Oppppsss... I forgot this was the AM list...  perhaps I could justify the
guitar amp thing by mentioning me using a Class B modulator deck a pair of
5514's in fact as a output amp and using the Fender as a driver...

I use an old military surplus plate transformer for the output transformer...
that tranny was about a square foot in size and one of those real weird
trannys...  Maybe 760 volts center tapped with a bunch of low voltage
outputs...  I seemed to get a reasonable match of off one of them... can't
remember which one but that tranny had a bunch of low voltage taps...  8,
17,24,36 volts things...

It worked and didn't blow up... quite effective for what it was...

73
vince
ka1iic