[AMRadio] Good SSB

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 16:57:13 EDT 2007

Chalres L writes thusly:

> Well, I know for a fact that AM quality audio can be
> had on SSB within a 3Khz bandwidth.

You can know it all you want, but I (for one) have yet to hear it!!

Citing all the numbers is interesting, but - AM sounds better,
full stop.
There is no reason why amateur equipment can't be as good
on SSB as the fancy postcard sized thingy with the digiswitchews.

Through a 2 or 3 inch diameter loudspeaker, almost anything
sounds as bad as anything else though!

Once I hear a DSB (digi-slop-bucket) box that sounds as good as
a top quality AM signal, I wil concede, but it hasn't happened yet!