[AMRadio] UPS Damaged Goods

zemanek at att.net zemanek at att.net
Mon Apr 9 14:24:33 EDT 2007

I had UPS damage an R390a  They dropped it from a height that bent the front panel. They did not want to pay as they said it was improperly packed. The only saving grace was that the shipper brought it to a UPS store to pack and ship.  They originally denied the claim then realized that they packed it and paid something.

I have been using FED-EX.  If I have anything shipped to me I give the seller my FED-EX account  number and the seller just drops the item off or for $2.00 FED-EX comes to the seller to pick it up.  The advantage of using my account number is that this makes me the shipper--now any issues I can go to FED-EX with a claim versus waiting for the seller that has your money and usually does not want the aggrevation of putting the claim in or is busy or the myriad of other reasons to not file a timely claim.

Glenn Zemanek kc2fzv

From: "Bry Carling" <bcarling at cfl.rr.com>