[AMRadio] wireless

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Apr 11 13:31:43 EDT 2007

Confession time?

I had a Laf-a-Lot (Lafayette) 2 tube wireless broadcaster, hot chassis and all, which I connected to a wire and made it out to one block away. I had a junky turntable, a really old Mike, and a couple of toggle switches as my mixer. Only had a few 45 rpm records back then, so my programming was rather limited. Everything was fine until I connected the input jack of the transmitter to the speaker jack of my Knight Kit Star Roamer, trying to rebroadcast shortwave over medium wave. The sparks flew as i grounded the chassis of the transmitter, not having correctly polarized outlets in my parents 100 year old house.

Next I tried ham radio, that seemed to be the ticket....
73
John
K5PRO