[AMRadio] Parasitic Suppressors (or lack thereof) in the Olden Days

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Wed Apr 11 12:08:57 EDT 2007

Olden Days being pre-WWII, that is.

I've noticed most (if not all) if the PP-triode RF PAs of that period don't
show the use of any parasitic suppressors in the grid or plate leads. Also a
deck I have (exact vintage unknown) using PP triodes doesn't include them.

How did they get away with this?

I've never put power to the above-mentioned deck, but have another one where
I tried to follow the same practice (I just used copper strap for the plate
leads) and I appear to have an intermittent parasitic, so will be
incorporating some suppressors in the plate leads.

 -Larry/NE1S