[AMRadio] antenna tuners...

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Apr 11 14:42:10 EDT 2007

My heathkit antenna tuner has worn out I think,
I built it 20 years ago or more, and I think its shot.

All the silver plating has worn off the roller bar, which
sometimes results in an open which blows
the diodes out in the swr bridge.

I took it apart and cleaned things up, but I think
its time for a new tuner.
I would also like to be able to bypass the tuner without
moving coax, so the rigs with built in tuners can
do their automatic thing.

For unbalanced antenna's, what is available that can handle say
3000 watts pep?

Some headroom is a good thing, no?

I know better then to buy anything MFJ...

Anything out there that holds up to AM?

Brett
N2DTS