[AMRadio] antenna tuners...

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Apr 11 15:35:58 EDT 2007

Yes, well...

At those prices, I suppose one could build a
nice tuner from parts.

$1195.00 plus shipping for the 3500, I think the
most expensive part would be a big edge wound roller
inductor.

I wonder if a tapped coil (copper tubing) would be good enough,
I have seen some units that have a band switch for the inductor.

I think you would have less problems with a big copper coil and a
massive switch, and my heathkit tuner seems to want the same
roller inductor setting (roughly) no matter what antenna,
121 on 80, 68 on 40 and it does not seem to change much from that.

Or maybe I should just get a Johnson KW matchbox....
You can do balanced or unbalanced with them, right?

Brett
N2DTS