[AMRadio] antenna tuners...

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 17:18:37 EDT 2007

Brett...........

How about an EF Johnson Matchbox?  Not a bad tuner at all.  Functional
and versatile.  Vitually plug-n-play.

Better still, find a c.1950's Handbook or W6SAI's book(s) and design
one.  Troll ebay using the "ham radio" search and "parts" as your
subject.  A good RF switch wil handle the bypass requirement.  Choose a
"T" or "Pi" design that fits ur needs and cobble it together.  I'd
predict you'll have a great tuner.   I happen to be watching a local
ham buddie putting one together that will easily handle 5kw.  Vacuum
variable caps and a nice variable inductor.  He plans on tuning from
2-30mc with it with no more than 1kw.  Plenty of headroom.

73 de W4MIL
Chuck