[AMRadio] News from Dayton

Larry WA9VRH wa9vrh at mtco.com
Thu Apr 12 20:50:13 EDT 2007

Hi John and all,

I have been going to Dayton for a long time and I know probably a lot fewer
years than a lot of you.
However Dayton is Dayton and I would hate to be in charge. I and one of the
guys that has gone with me for years
used to be in charge of the Peoria Hamfest. Maybe 5000 folks plus or minus
however many for years.

I try to not get my shorts in a bunch when the group is slow on getting
things out. I can't imaging the mess that it must be having
experienced the conflicts we had at Peoria.

The four of us don't go to Dayton to make money we go for fun. We have two
flea market spaces and we bring stuff to sell but we go for fun.
Two of the people with us are not hams but have been long time friends. They
are into pc stuff. We go and enjoy the company of the flea people
that are around us. We also enjoy seeing people that we only see in person
once a year. Sadly some years we are not able to see some of the people
that we have seen for years because they are no longer with us.

For me Dayton is for seeing friends and acquaintances that I only get to see
once or so a year. We have endured the outhouses in the flea market and them
outside of the flea market. We have endured the temp trailer outhouse that
sprung a leak and barfed nasty liquid through the flea market. We have
endured the snow and torrential rains and everthing in between.

I if gas goes to $4.00 a gallon I understand why many will not show up. We
will do our best because we go to Dayton for fun and we get to see friends.
Please stop by at 1943 and 1944 but be prepared for anything.
73 Larry WA9VRH