[AMRadio] antenna tuners...

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Sun Apr 15 21:33:38 EDT 2007

I need one that has a switch for the band, changing
coil taps, and the caps for tuning.
I have not looked at designs yet,
except that the heathkit is a T config, roller
inductor goes to ground.

I have been jumping around a lot between 40 and 80 meters,
AM and CW segments of both bands, which requires me to tune
the G5RV antenna up, and the heathkit is worn out.

It works ok on low power, but on higher power its got issues.

It seems to me like a switch would be a lot easier and longer
lasting than spinning a roller inductor endlessly.

If I make a tuner, I can make the coil large and out of copper
tubing for low loss, figuring out the taps for each
band might be hard though.

Guess I should look on ebay for a big switch tuner, I saw
a Millen large one, but did not bid on it.
I did not know Millen made a tuner...

Brett
N2DTS