[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:26:12 EDT 2007

Now I can see some light on why Jim posted his message last week.  I
wanted nothing more than to try and be fair, and not take sides on
this list, however after seeing this thread today, I had to react.  My
post is on page three of this thread, and the basic gist of my post is
about the way some want to attempt to mimic the accents of us in the
south, and call us "moron landers".  Granted, the thread is about
"slopbucket operators", but to globally call those of us in the area
of Texarkana "moron landers" just takes the cake with me.

See the thread here:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=10844.40

Making fun of people's accent or dialect on ham radio is inexcusable.
This is not just an SSB operator thing.  We in the south know we sound
different than you in the north, but it has nothing to do with our IQ
or ability to perform the same daily things those up in the north do.
You guys sound different to us too...

--
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names
the streets after them. - Bill Vaughan