[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:57:12 EDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Todd, KA1KAQ <ka1kaq at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> There's never an excuse to lump everyone into one, big category for
> the sake of expediency. I, personally, am sorry that this happened,
> and once again assure you that the vast majority of us actually 'up
> north' do not think of southerner AMers as anything less than our
> fellow radio equals. Not all SSBers are bad either, it just seems more
> difficult to find the good 'uns. We have more than our share of jerks
> up here, and they aren't mode-specific.
>
> 73,
>
> ~ Todd,  KA1KAQ

Hey Todd (and others),

I know you don't agree with this sort of thing, and I know many of the
guys up north don't, however, as you mentioned, those sort of
statements should be well thought out before posting.  I guess what
really surprises me is that no one else bothered to tell him/them that
it was a bit of generalizing of folks near "Texarkana".  That's "5
land"...

I still take the "moron land" statement as a global issue with folks
in this area.  It should be clarified, if that's not what the original
poster of that statement intended.

Thanks Todd, you're a good guy and I know all of us around here think
the same way.

73
Brian / w5ami