[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

ars.w5omr ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:15:15 EDT 2007

A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:
> Thanks Todd, you're a good guy and I know all of us around here think
> the same way.

Todd?  Todd Who?  That Damn Yankee?

;-)

just TEASIN'... ;-)  Good natured ribbing is sometimes ok... sometimes
people get carried away with it.

I agree with you guys... what's happening here is a 'generalization'
that everyone who bothers the West Coast AM'ers on 3.870 have gotta be
from the ArkLaTex area, and goodness gracious and God bless us, the only
purpose in our lives seems to be to bother the AM'ers on 3.870 on the
West Coast.

What a load of crap.

W1GFH and the rest of the Left Coasters also whine that 3.870 is the 'AM
Calling Frequency' of the west coast.  'Not so' as decreed by the ARRL.
The League specifically says that 3.885Mc is the AM Calling frequency of
75m.  There is not now, nor has there ever been an operating 'window'
where only AM is found.

Bottom line; if the Frequency is in Use, don't USE it!  Regardless of
Mode!  You wouldn't find an AM operator cranking up within 3kHz of an
existing AM conversation, would you?  So, why would the Left Coasters
move to 3.872Mc, and operate there, knowing there's a QSO on 3.870 SSB?

That goes for both the SSB'ers on 3.870, and the West Coast AM'ers.  If
the West Coast guys hear SSB on 3.870, then they should move.

On the same hand, if the 3.870 guys in Ark/La/Tex hear someone on/around
3.870, -they- should make arrangements to find a 'clearer' frequency.
NO ONE OWNS A FREQUENCY!  We're educated, adult, licensed Ham Radio
operators that -know- how to be gentleman, aren't we?

Why do some -insist- on not ACTING like it?

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR(/m5 New Orleans)