[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

ars.w5omr ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:11:18 EDT 2007

Bill Smith wrote:
> Well stated, except for the AM window which does exist.

No it does NOT Bill.

> Further the ARRL has announced 3870 as the West Coast Calling Frequency.  I do notice that it
> is hard to find on the present web site.

Would you be so kind as to present me with the URL?

> Only one question.  You seem to be very concerned about AM operation on
> 3970.

There's AM Activity on 3.970?  COOL!  See?  I -said- that anywhere
'phone can be operated, so could AM.

;-)

> Why haven't we ever heard you operate on 3870?

I'm only on 3.870, if I'm mobile, and I'm on SSB.

I don't operate -anywhere- on 75m after I get off from my daily stint of
4am  at 300w (if I'm up that early) to 6am, break for an hour, and back
on with 100w at 7am till 9am.  After that, it's time to shut it down for
the day, because the neighbors -will- bitch.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR