[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:25:21 EDT 2007

On 4/18/07, A.R.S. -  W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still take the "moron land" statement as a global issue with folks
> in this area.  It should be clarified, if that's not what the original
> poster of that statement intended.

I agree, Brian. I posted a response to your remarks on amfone,
hopefully Joe will jump in too. He strikes me as a decent guy, my
guess is he just wanted to rail against what he has been hearing
repeatedly. To be honest, most of the garbage we get up here (not
counting what is generated here) comes from 4 and 8 land. I seldom
here AMers on from 4 Land and have heard many-a SSB horror story from
those who live there, hence my concern from a radio perspective of
moving south.

And Geoff - if you damn Johnny Rebs would stop fighting the civil war,
we could team up and give the troublemakers down there a good tarring,
feathers optional (I'm probably gonna set someone off with that
reference, even though I made the feathers optional. Oh well). (o:

My 160m bc transmitter is going to be crystal controlled, so I can
sympathize with the guys who got set up for 3870 only to have these
jerks decide to make trouble for them. OTOH, it's a GREAT argument for
being frequency-agile, and NOT living in a tiny sliver of spectrum.
It's also a great reason for more gear, keeping the BC rig on 160, etc
etc. Never paint yourself into a corner.

Speaking of the south, I found a cool house last week while in
Florida. Sure, it has some fire damage that needs to be repaired and
the inside is gutted, BUT....it has a 20x40' reinforced cement block
shop with steel roof girders, built in 2004. Hurricane proof! The
perfect home for the radios. Even the XYL loves it, despite having
told me she didn't want to get another house needing work (reference
to the current homestead).

One must have their priorities straight.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ