[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 18 18:05:54 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Markavage" <manualman at juno.com>

> I can only find it here on the ARRL AM web page but it's not listed as a
> "calling frequency". Having two designated  AM calling frequencies 15 KHz
> apart is silly.
> See:
> http://www.remote.arrl.org/tis/info/am-freqs.html
>
> Pete, wa2cwa

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the reference, there are others (which I have not been able to
find).  The list describes the AM window from 3870 to 3885.  What is silly
about two calling frequencies?  There are a large number of AM operators on
the band, on all coasts.  3885 is a popular East coast frequency and 3870 is
popular on the West coast.   There is also plenty of activity in-between,
and when the band is open, it is a kick to operate coast-to-coast.  :-)

73 de Bill, ab6mt
hbco2 at sbcglobal.net