[AMRadio] the post about amfone.net post last week...

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:13:19 EDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> Hey, I live in Jersey;  people out of state say we talk "funny" and
> "different"; and the ground glows, things in the water glows, and the
> bark on the trees glow.

And don't forget that you have a secret government program to preserve
all of your fertile farmland under asphalt. (o:

 Jim Wilhite <w5jo at brightok.net> wrote:
> Pete, I don't think people in the NE corridor "talk funny",
> just sometimes too fast to understand.  People say the human
> mind can comprehend up to 450 words per minute.  Now that I
> have retired, I can only do about 100 and many people speak
> about 200.

I've been working out a formula for when I get moved down there, Jim.
I figure if you guys speed up 75wpm and I slow down 75wpm, we should
have about 98% copy.

Or we could use recorders with variable speed motors and wait for the
playback. Maybe that's what the 'dead air' guys are doing?

~ Todd  :D