[AMRadio] 3870/QRM

david knepper collinsradio at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 19 10:25:00 EDT 2007

Why is it that very few of us are using the new expanded frequencies on 80
meters for AM?

Before you respond with a statement that these frequencies are being
utilized, then, why all the talk about  3870, etc.?

A lot of us grumbled over the years that the F.C.C. was not listening to our
petitions, but then when it - to our surprise, I might add - it allowed us
to move down to 3600 Khz., the first night it was full of AM, then, the
frequencies became conspicuously quiet, so to speak.

Anyone want a QSO on 3712 or 3685 Khz, sometime?

I am about ready to recut my dipole to 3880 again!

Dave, W3ST/W3CRA
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3.805 Mhz every Monday at 8 PM EDST
and 14.253 Mhz every Saturday at 12 Noon EDST
Collins Chatroom - Daily at 4 PM EDST on 7.208  Mhz