[AMRadio] 3870/QRM

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Apr 19 14:32:54 EDT 2007

Must be Craig.  Reminds me of a guy from Amarillo, TX who
attended hamfests all over the Southwest.  He drove a Ranger
pickup towing a 20 ft. sailboat.  When he arrived he would
put up the mast which served as a 80 meter vertical.

He worked at Pantex and he would never let me see his rig.
I always wondered if it was made of castaway bomb parts.
The boat did make a good sleeping arrangement though.  Have
you ever seen a Suburban with the tri coil Hustler antenna
set up?  My wife says it looks like an elephant with a three
pronged tail.

73  Jim
W5JO