[AMRadio] 3870/QRM

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:33:47 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Todd, KA1KAQ <ka1kaq at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Bob Peters <rwpeters at swbell.net> wrote:
> > Yaaa But ya all need to go to a TEXAS Hamfest...
>
> Be careful what you wish for, Bob. I'll be living down in 4-Land soon,
> and fully expect and plan to attend Belton and the other 'big' fests.
> The only thing ever stopping me has been the distance-to-cost ratio.
> Went to Hamcation in Orlando 2 years ago, was disappointed to say the
> least. But then, I went on Friday instead of Saturday, which is the
> big day here in the northeast. Apparently Saturday is when most folks
> arrive at Hamcation.
>
> As far as the food, mom always referred to me as the family garbage
> disposal. I cook a pretty mean Rib eye, chicken, and grilled Marlin
> steaks. But I won't compare it to the Texas cooking, even after I try
> it. Food is my second favorite thing in life, most days.
>
> Agreed on the healthfood stuff, too. I can only stand bunny food in
> small portions.

Todd,

If you go to Belton, I'll make the 500 mile drive myself for the first
time, just to see your face when you try some Texas BBQ and other
vittles of the region!  You also need to think about coming to the
Mena hamfest in Queen Wilhelmina state park atop Rich mountain.  Bring
your RV so you can park alongside the others with their fiddles,
banjos and guitars for some great folk music at night, and a whole lot
of story telling, BS, and lies... Oh, and I can't forget to mention
some good beer drinking to make it even more fun for those who
partake.

73
Brian