[AMRadio] 3870/QRM, BBQ, Sheep Dip, etc...

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:47:10 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, ars.w5omr <ars.w5omr at gmail.com> wrote:
> you don't stand a chance, Todd! :-)

Ha! Wanna bet? The only thing that separates us native Vermonters and
New Englanders from you good ol' boys down south is a few black ticks
on the thermometer, and a whole lotta real estate. One of my favorite
foods up this way is baked corn on the cob, soaked in a washtub full
of water in its husks, then baked in a nice, hot campfire. Clam
chowder and lobster are nice too, but not living on the coast means I
enjoyed a lot more steak, burgers, chicken, and the usual fare. Fish
and seafood were more of an exception or luxury, unless it was brook
trout. Despite winter doing its best to discourage it, I grill and BBQ
all year round. It just takes longer when it's -30 outside. (o:

> You make it down here to Belton (held twice a year - check www.tarc.org
> for dates) or Mena, and I'll take off work (if I'm working that weekend)
> and meet you there, as well.

I will get there, it just might not be until 2008 or so. I'm looking
forward to 'real' BBQ, steak, and everything else mentioned. I'm sure
I'll fit right in as long as it involves food, music, and/or real
radio. I just don't have a flag beyond my stars and stripes and a WWII
Nazi flag adorned with GI grafitti which is meant to be admired, not
flown. I'll check ebay, as soon as I reserve my frequency.

> I'll also have my guitar and mandolin and I -know- that I can find
> *someone* who'll play the other part of "Dueling Banjos" with me... Just
> for you!

Yeah...yanno, since seeing that movie in my early 20s, banjo music has
never been *quite* the same. It was even the watered-down version on
network TV, and it still scarred me for life!

BTW, I can't strum, but I play a mean set-o-skins. Or used to, once
upon a time.

I really just want to go packratting for more old gear that you guys
have yet to discover. And get on the air so I can actually hear 'you
all' when we have a QSO.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ