[AMRadio] My Amplifer Quest took a strange turn today

Bow kd5kzn at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 21 05:18:36 EDT 2007

=20
Yup, I headed to the local Radio store to have my Yeasu 2 meter rig =
looked
at (no TX). I found it it is a dead-duck, probably the processor, it =
will
make a nice paperweight...

ANYWAY...

I'm talking with the owner about the fact I was looking for an amp, =
prefer
tubes, mainly for use on 75M and maybe 10M... Around 600-700 watts...

He thinks a bit and then rotates to his right and points up on the top
shelf...

"It was left here for a repair about 1.5 years ago, I got it repaired, =
the
guy never picked it up... It is set-up for 75M and 40M.. Pair of =
813's...
Everything checks good on it, it=92s a nice amp..

You can get it off my damn shelf for $75..."

I couldn't reach for my wallet fast enough...

Now the fun part begins... Can anyone ID it, or maybe point to a =
handbook
that is may have come out of so I can get a schematic??=20

Here It Is:

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/02Front.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/04%20RightSide.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/05LeftSide.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/06Rear.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/07PowerTranny.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/08CoilAndCaps.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/09_813a.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/10_813bChoke.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/11Interior.JPG

And Even though I have not fired it up yet, I did light off the =
filaments...
I think EVERY piece of tube gear should have a window...

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/12MagicInTheWindow.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/13Glowin813s.JPG

So, can anyone help me ID my score?!?!?

Bow