[AMRadio] My Amplifer Quest took a strange turn today

Craig K6QI k6qi at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 02:47:27 EDT 2007

I built one of those in about 1970. It was 2 813's in
grounded grid. Worked like a champ. I laid mine out a
bit different, I had a small rack with the RF deck on
the top, power on the bottom. I'm pretty sure it was
out of an early 60's ARRL Handbook. I used a rotary
inductor so it would tune anything. I ran a Heathkit
Apache/SB10 SSB adaptor directly into it. Might need
to put a tuner between it and a modern rig.

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/04%20RightSide.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/07PowerTranny.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/08CoilAndCaps.JPG

http://riley-music.com/BowsStuff/AMP/10_813bChoke.JPG