[AMRadio] My Amplifer Quest took a strange turn today

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Apr 23 13:10:20 EDT 2007

My pair of 813's loaf along at 700 watts of carrier out,
unfortunately the antenna tuner does not.

I don't know what the pep would be, the power meter only goes up to
2000 watts and I have to guess by how hard it gets pinned.

That's plate modulated service, as an AM amplifier I would not
run it over 100 watts carrier. The 32V3 would put out the same
power so that's a silly idea.

For a reasonable boost, you need a LARGE amp with a LARGE power
supply, running at least a pair of 3-500z tubes, run off 220 volts,
then you can get 350 watts of carrier I think, which is the legal
limit if modulated correctly.

Brett
N2DTS