[AMRadio] RE: FOR SALE REPLIES

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Apr 24 23:24:46 EDT 2007

Not only for replies to FS items, but also for replies in general. I notice
too often that in a reply to a message, the entire original message is
quoted.  Sometimes replies to replies have the original message quoted
twice, headers and all.  It's often easy to overlook the current message,
especially if it is a short 2 or 3 liner, buried between scores of lines of
quoted text.

It is easy enough to cut everything in the original message except for the
sentence or two that you are actually replying to.

I get my messages in digest  form, to save space in my already clogged
in-box.  Sometimes the list goes on and on for ever with never-ending lines
of quoted text.

This is just like the HI HI FB OM qso, where the other person has to say "OK
on..." every single thing you just said in the QSO:

"Fine business old man. OK on your (goes back over entire station
description in detail).  OK on the new  6BA6 in your receiver.  OK on your
intermittent microphone cord.  OK on the XYL cooking soup  for supper
tonight.  OK on your  gall bladder operation. OK on running out of toilet
paper,
etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,
etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc."

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/