[AMRadio] Stuck Set Screw

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Apr 25 17:15:13 EDT 2007

Here we go again.  I know this was discussed in the past, but my memory is
all but non existent on such matters.  I have a larger knob, about 3 inches
in diameter, with two Allen set screws in it.  The insert appears to be
brass, the set screws are iron of some kind.  One has had the head messed up
and I will likely have to drill it out, but the other is in tact.  Both are
frozen solid.  I soaked them in Liquid Wrench for an hour or more, but no
luck getting either loose.  Same thing with WD-40.  Does anyone have a magic
cure short of drilling them out?

Thanks for any help ya'll can offer...
Rick/K5IZ