[AMRadio] Stuck Set Screw

Joe Walden w5jdy at intergate.com
Thu Apr 26 17:41:03 EDT 2007

>From Joe w5jdy in Okla...  To remove the set screws,I done this working on a
BC-348.   Soaked the set screws in a penetrating solution for a while,then
used a heat gun to heat the knobs.   I heated them  hot enough you could not
touch them,quickly loosened the screws and they all came off easily. They
were also rusty.  This would not work if your knobs are made out of
something that will melt easily.   If you are careful maybe this idea will
work but if you are going to replace the knobs,this remedy will absolutely
work.    Joe