[AMRadio] Stuck Set Screw

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Thu Apr 26 10:16:07 EDT 2007

Todd,

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get one set screw out last night using
the methods everyone described, however, the other one may be a lost cause.
I'll try your idea on it, but I'm afraid it has been in there too long.  I
can actually use the knob with only one set screw and mosy likely will if
drilling the other one out is the only solution.  Like you said, there is a
big risk of damaging the knob when drilling.

Thanks to all!
Rick/K5IZ

Rick -

Another trick that has worked for me in years past is to use a small
jeweler's screwdriver on set screws that are badly mauled. Find a size
that you can wiggle into the slots (or what's left of them) diagonally...

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ