[AMRadio] Stuck Set Screw

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:09:24 EDT 2007

On 4/26/07, Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net> wrote:
> COOL!  I'll locate my old battery charger and give this a try.  Thanks
> Brian!
> Rick

BTW Rick, if you do try this and decide to use Lye (sodium hydroxide),
be real careful with that stuff man!  I'm sure you probably already
know this, however I thought I should include my warning.  Strong
alkali loves human skin and flesh, and it will literally melt it away
if concentrated.  When I use it, I only use a small amount, and add as
I deem necessary.  You can put your hands in it to remove things so
long as it's dilute and you wash your hands right away under lots of
pure water until the "slick" feeling is gone, but NEVER put your hands
in concentrated sodium (or potassium) hydroxide!!!  In it's own way,
it is just as bad as strong acid.

Brian