[AMRadio] SS Rectifier Replacements

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Apr 27 12:08:50 EDT 2007

FWIW,
I run four DX-100s in various systems, and the quickest way I know to
burn out the HV transformer is to solid state the power supply. Caveaut
Emptor, but I did the solid sate thing, it ran for a couple of weeks, then
poof!
HV transformer went. Only thing I know that does it quicker is Paul W0RWs
DX-100 in Beacon mode on 480KC, that went pretty quick and it wasn't
solid stated, I don't believe.

Keep in mind the rigs are older than most of us, was probably abused by
someone
at one time or another, and really prefers the circuit designed for it. I
ended up with
a lot of them (DX-100) because it was easier to buy the whole rig than wait
for
parts that fit and work properly. As usual, YMMV!
Jim
WB2FCN