[AMRadio] Stuck Set Screw

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Apr 27 14:26:01 EDT 2007

Great story, Don!  I have received several great suggestions and plan on
going through them all until I find one to get that rascal out of there.

Thanks!
Rick/K5IZ

Using this tool, I was able to get the drill into the hole in the set-screw
head.  It caught firmly, but the set screw would not budge....

...stereo amplifier.  I took the power transistors off and sure enough,
there
was enough soft heat sink compound left behind that I could scrape it up
into a blob, then I applied the blob to the end of the soldering iron tip
and inserted the tip into the hole..

...I was able it remove it, threads intact.
That was several years ago, and I have used the receiver almost daily ever
since.

Don k4kyv