[AMRadio] League pulls RM-11306

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Sat Apr 28 21:30:32 EDT 2007

John...Again...Why do you say the ARRL...If you look at the history we
were the last country to pull CW..That came along because CW is really
not a viable means of communication...If you remember correctly the
Maritime group Internationally pulled CW and that is what started the
demise of CW... If the World Wide Military had of kept CW you would
still see CW in the Amateur Licensing... The ARRL had nothing to do with
CW going away. That was done over the whole world and we were the
last... Life goes on. I don't believe that you will ever in yours or my
lifetime see AM banned. The ARRL is not against AM at all.

Bob W1PE