[AMRadio] ARRL in today's world

J.D. Mac Aulay, WQ8U jmac6235 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 22:55:32 EDT 2007

If the ARRL does not represent Amateur Radio, then who does?

  We (hams) enjoy valuable spectrum and we are always at risk of losing it and our privileges to experiment, operate, and organize on those frequencies.  We need some organization to represent our interests at the national and international levels.

  The ARRL may be seeing the future as being digital sooner than most of us see it but at least they are looking forward.

  Do I agree 100% with ARRL? No.  Do I believe we need some organization with real capability to represent our interests in the country and world forums?  the ARRL is the only one I see capable of doing this.

  We have access to our directors to express our opinions in real time and get individual feedback.  We vote for them to represent us.  If we believe they are going the wrong direction we have a simple response - do not elect them next time.

  Perfect? No.  Pragmatic?  Yes.

  73
  Mac
  WQ8U
  Hillsborough, NC

Mark Foltarz <Foltarz at rocketmail.com> wrote:
    The league is a vestige better kept as a memory rather than an outfit we can
think of as representing traditional Amateur Radio practice.