[AMRadio] League pulls RM-11306

W4AWM at aol.com W4AWM at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 00:52:52 EDT 2007

Hi Bob,

Sometimes I don't really think the league is pulling for us. I have been a
member for nearly 50 years. I pulled out for several years in protest of the
incentive licensing that cost me a lot of my amateur frequencies as a then
general class licensee. I finally rejoined mainly to get QST.

I leave you with one thought: You are out in the middle of nowhere and the
only means of communication is your ham rig. You need help desperately but your
mic cable is broken and you don't have the tools to fix it. Now how are you
going to get help? All you remember of CW is SOS and you are going to look
mighty silly trying to key the rig with the mode switch or shorting the key jack
intermittantly with a screw driver, if you even have one.  Oh, and by the way,
some of the first communications out of the Tsunami area several years ago was
on CW! Some day, somewhere, this is going to bite someone where they sit
down. I hope I live long enough to say "I told you so!"

73,

 John, W4AWM
 20WPM Extra