[AMRadio] ARRL in today's world

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 29 01:44:21 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.D. Mac Aulay, WQ8U" <jmac6235 at yahoo.com>

<snips>

> Mike (W3SLK),

. We need to tell the ARRL directly what we want now - and also what we want
for the future.  Like training some animals, a smart rap on the nose can be
very effective.

>    We need to recognize that they do represent all of us to the
international community (like it or not).  The IARU recognizes the ARRL as
representing the interests of amateur radio in the USA.  The IARU is the
voice of all hams in the international defense of our frequencies. This is
where the battle for frequencies happens - lose here and we are off the air.

>   The ARRL does a lot of good in support of ARES, education, fighting BPL,
advocating ham antenna rights, etc. It is not an all bad organization.

>   Through our feedback to our directors and through the ballot we can
clearly tell them our feelings.  Dropping out is not the way to make
changes.

>   With respect and 73
>   Mac
>   WQ8U
>   Hillsborough, NC

We need the ARRL to recognize the AM Window from 3870 to 3885 and we need to
petition the FCC to allow AM to use a power level of 1000 Watts carrier.

73 de Bill, AB6MT
hbco2 at sbcglobal.net