[AMRadio] League pulls RM-11306

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sun Apr 29 14:58:39 EDT 2007

Jim:
What justification would you or someone present to the FCC raise the
power level back to 1000 watts as it was a number of years ago?

And Bill said: a petition for an AM Window from 3870 to 3885.
I view the AM Window (if you want to call it that) from 3600 to 4000 KHz.
I see no rational to live and operate in a 15 KHz box.

And Don's comment on removing subbands:
To remove subbands, brings to the HF bands (excluding present 160 M), any
mode, any bandwidth, anywhere. Might roll all ham radio activity into
anarchy; only the strongest survive. Bandplans are operating guides and
have no legal teeth (ex. listen to 160 M during a world-wide CW contest);
subbands are law and subject to disciplinary action if violated. Also
remember that the U. S. has a lot more licensed amateurs than Canada.

Pete, wa2cwa