[AMRadio] League pulls RM-11306

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sun Apr 29 20:22:39 EDT 2007

Actually Mike, what I really see on 75 M is the overall lack of amateurs
to be flexible now that we have a lot more phone area. Old habits are
hard to break; AM'ers still try to cluster around an imaginary window;
diehard SSB operators are also still clustered around this imaginary
window, and both groups seen reluctant to want to break ground anywhere
else, yet lower in the band are frequency areas totally void of any
signals for a good part of the evenings. Of course, a number of us have
made the move lower and, at times, with great success and a lot less
adjacent hostile aggravation.

Our subbands are part of the FCC's rewards program. You pass the test,
you get more privileges. Personally, how other country's government
agencies structure their amateur radio frequency privileges, license
classes, max. power, etc. is of little concern to me. There is no reason
to be "in step" with them on this issue.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:50:55 -0400 "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk at hughes.net>
writes:
> Where have you been living Pete, in a cave?? Look at the mess on 75M.
Don's  suggestion can't make it any worse than what it is now. Besides,
we  could be  in step with our neighbors to the  > north.