[AMRadio] League pulls RM-11306

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 29 21:04:20 EDT 2007

Pete,

I think you only have to listen to the on-air comments made by the diehard
SSB operators and AM'ers to determine the motivation behind "stations that
are clustered around an imaginary window."

>From the AM viewpoint (this is the amradio list, isn't it?) considerable
effort has been made by AM operators to obtain crystals, tune equipment and
construct antennas which operate in the AM window.  The frequencies are
published nationally and weekly nets are scheduled and published nationally
with Collins net control operators coordinated from coast to coast.

The AMI net just last Wednesday attracted greater than 60 stations who
checked in to the West Coast AMI net on 3870 at 8:00pm local time.  A
significant number were from mountain and central time zones.

73 de Bill, AB6MT
hbco2 at sbcglobal.net