[AMRadio] FW: Latest ARRL Big Push..! Spanish Tests..!!

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 19:24:03 EDT 2007

 am with all who are willing to leave the ARRL for
this Spanish B... S.... if it is true that the ARRL is
pushing for it.

If you want to be a Spanish Ham go to a Latin Country.
I am formerly XE2KBN and my wife, Barbara, is formerly
XE2KBO. We wanted to renew our licenses and the
authorities in Mexico said we would have to take the
Amateur examination in Spanish. That was about 1988 0r
1989. We let our Mexican licenses expire without
renewal.

I have Mexican Ham friends in the club we belonged to
in Saltillo, Mexico and they wanted us to keep our
licenses but the SCT (same as FCC in Mexico at the
time) said we MUST take the Amateur test in Spanish.

I ONLY keep my ARRL membership to get QST so I can see
the Hamfest Calendar. Since no-code, QST has become an
Amateur Radio Kindergarden text book that is an insult
to those who were HAMS when it was "about RADIO".

We must not stand by and let the ARRL get away with
this without it "feeling pain"!!! 73, John, K5PGW and
Barbara, K5MOL