[AMRadio] FW: Latest ARRL Big Push..! Spanish Tests..!!

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Sun Aug 5 19:36:40 EDT 2007

Bob wrote:

Hay All just received a copy of this...Do not know if it is true but if
it is we all need to take action with the ARRL...
Stupidity reigns if true...

Bob W1PE

----------------------------------

    I'll bet this has something to do with the FCC recent finding. I beleive
someone petitioned the FCC, not sure if it was the ARRgghhL or not, about
changing a rule in Sec.97 with regards to administering Ham exams in
Spanish. This was due to the VEC's down in Puerto Rico not being able to
translate from Spanish to English and visa versa. If memory serves me, the
FCC denied the petition stating that there were already rules governing how
exams are administered and that the petitioning group, would be better
served going before the group of VEC's.
    I may have some of the details wrong but I think that is where this all
came about. Check the FCC public affairs page because I beleive that is
where I read it.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK