[AMRadio] FW: Latest ARRL Big Push..! Spanish Tests..!!

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Aug 6 07:17:06 EDT 2007

Hi All,

You know, whenever non-Ham friends ask me how it is that I'm able to
understand other Hams in places as far-flung as Mongolia & Serbia, I tell
them the truth: it's really quite simple, because we all speak the universal
language of ENGLISH.

It's no different, I tell them, than the world of commercial aviation:
ENGLISH is the universal language used on ALL international communications
between pilots & air traffic controllers...not Spanish, not French, not
Cantonese, but ENGLISH.

Yet, here in Canada, which is --- for better or worse --- officially a
bi-lingual country (English & French), one can now see street signs and
billboards in certain sections of the provincial capital city of Toronto
that are written wholly in CHINESE. There is even a 100% Chinese AM radio
station on the BC band...

So guys, just go ahead & open the door a crack, and see how many more feet
will force themselves in between it & the door frame...

It's all merely an extension of that pervasive, incidious & non-sensical
"...political correctness", I'm afraid...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ