[AMRadio] Spanish

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 13:54:43 EDT 2007

Those of you so quick to jump on Bob and pooh pooh the
likely hood that the FCC might give exams in
Spanish..... I remind you that George Bush wants to
give illegal aliens the farm and every thing else. All
he has to do is order the FCC to do it. He has the
power to appoint and un-appoint.

I am registered as a Republican and I also have the
dubious distinction of being a distant cousin to
Lyndon B. Johnson. To show you "what can be done, if a
President wants to do it" the following is a true
story. Lady Bird was granted a broadcast Station in
San Antonio, Texas and she requested "certain" Station
call Letters. A friend of mine, Merle Glump, an FCC
engineer in the Washington office refused to assign
the broadcast station the call letters requested
because they  were already assigned to a Station in
the Marine Service at San Francisco and had been in
use for many years and it would present problems in
the Marine service.

After denying the request, he received a telephone
call and was told, "you don't understand, this request
is from Lyndon Johnson's wife and you don't have a
choice". Guess what??? Lady Bird got the Call Letters
and Merle kept his job!!

Remain VIGILANT because next time Teddy, George, John,
Trent, and Lindsey "do it" in the back room no telling
what will happen. 73, John, K5PGW