[AMRadio] Globe King 500C (was Latest ARRL Big Push)

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Aug 6 22:48:08 EDT 2007

Mac, I would suggest that you be careful of just reforming
caps.  If those in the modulator short, you could get a bad
transformer or other things.  If you do reform and they make
it, check them for leakage in about a year of operating
(given they are the originals).  There are several mods that
can be made, but some people will tell you they are a waste
of time.  I have a 500A that I have made some modifications
in the speech amp and there is a couple of caps and a
particular resistor in the RF deck I would check.

From: "J.D. Mac Aulay, WQ8U" <