[AMRadio] I've decided (retry)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:12:37 EDT 2007

(Don't know if this made it to the list, the first time I sent it.  I'm
-hoping- to have fixed a few gmail problems)

My homebrew project.

A single 4-125 modulated by a pair of 811A's.  (might use 4)

1500v on the final, 1250v on the modulators (0 bias).

I've got a multi-match 300w Thordarson modulation transformer or an RCA
1:1 @ 5,500 ohm modulation transformer to choose from,
811 sockets,
a nice 'Christmas tree' RF choke,
filament transformers (6.6 (adj) @ 18amp)
 a roller inductor,
a BC-610 tuning capacitor for a pi-network output,
and a 4-125 socket coming.

Can you think of anything else?  (got meters)

What I need to do yet is build a bias supply for the final and a
grid-input circuit.  (I'll probably use a Viking II VFO until I get a
digital vfo built up. )

I thought about just using my Kenwood TS-450S as the VFO, RF exciter and
receiver, and might do that for 'testing'.

I'm soliciting ideas on grid inputs on a 4-125.

Thoughts?

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night,
without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR