[AMRadio] Viking Valiant II cabinet paint

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:28:48 EDT 2007

On 8/9/07, RJ Mattson <rjmattson at hvi.net> wrote:
> The gray paint on the front of my Valiant II is peeling off.
> Is this common or just my luck?
>
> bob...w2ami  x  wn2ami  1962

I've actually seen this on a few of them, Bob. There's one on epay
that appears to exhibit the same. Last one I saw was in a friend's
basement, so I assumed it had to do with the original prep/moisture.
Others I've seen from dry environments looked the same. Big flakes
too, as I recall.

Somewhere (maybe ER?) I read remarks from EF himself about why the
company didn't paint their equipment better, to which he replied that
they never thought the stuff would still be in use after a few years.
New radios and technology would come along to replace it, and all
that.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ