[AMRadio] Re: Spanish

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Aug 9 14:30:53 EDT 2007

Now, French would be a different story.  I used to get on 75m AM and
converse with "Uncle" Ed, WA3PUN, who is fluent in French, that he picked up
back when he was in the military right after WW2.

Unfortunately, Ed is not as active on 75m as he used to be, and he is seldom
heard in the wee hours any more.  His other post-retirement activities, such
as his music porformance gig for the elderly, and recording his Amos n' Andy
show for WBCQ, as well as numerous personal and health matters keep him off
the air most of the time.

I also used to converse with Koby in San Antonio (can't remember his
callsign off the top of my head; I'm sure most of the 5-land gang will
recall it) in French.  He was born in Dijon, and didn't move to the states
until his  late teens or early 20's, about 70 years ago.  He went SK some
time in the 1990's.

Don k4kyv